Last updated: June 16, 2020
We at Fast Retailing Philippines, Inc. understand the importance of Personal Information (“Personal Information” refers to any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.)
By visiting, browsing or using the Uniqlo website, Mobile Application, or In person, in any of our Uniqlo Stores (“Uniqlo Platforms”), creating or registering an account with Uniqlo Platforms, or accessing the Services we offer, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions herein stated and agree to be bound by the terms of this Policy. You likewise give your informed consent to the collection, use, sharing or processing of your personal data in accordance with the procedures and purposes herein disclosed.
How Personal Data is CollectedWe may collect personal data from you when:
- We will collect Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information in an appropriate manner;
- We will inform you regarding the purpose of use for your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information, and use such information within the scope of such purpose;
- We will take necessary and appropriate measures to safely manage Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information;
- Except where otherwise specified, we will not share or disclose Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information to any third parties;
- We will respond appropriately in the event that an individual contacts the appropriate point of contact regarding display, correction, deletion and/or termination of use of their respective Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information.
What Personal Data Do We Collect From YouFast Retailing Philippines Inc. collects, uses and/or processes the following personal data from you:
- you visit, browse, interact or use our application or website via desktop, laptop, or mobile device. This includes cookies or third-party analytics which may be deployed during the use of the application or website;
- you use our related services such as email and SMS notifications, Click and Collect, Pay at Store, returns and exchange of product/s, availment of promotions directly or through third party partners contracted by FAST RETAILING PHILIPPINES INC;
- you register, create or open an account with us;
- you carry out transactions through the use of the online platform; submit forms relating to said products such as but not limited to Contact Form to message our Customer Support team, reviews and ratings for purchased product/s.
- you interact with us via telephone calls, letters, fax, social media, emails and chat, or through Uniqlo Stores for order pick up or returns and exchange;
- you voluntarily submit personal data to us or to our authorized representative for any reason.
- You must only submit to us, our authorized agent or the Platform, personal data which is accurate and complete and not misleading. It is your duty to keep your information up to date without prejudice to the exercise of your rights under existing DPA Legislations and regulations. Should the need arise, we may request you for documentation to verify the information which you have provided.
Upon instructions of the data subject, Fast Retailing Philippines Inc. may store partial and masked credit card details shared by Adyen N.V. for easy reference in succeeding transactions. In the event of complaints/requests for refund, or questions relating to payments made through credit cards, we may request for the following personal data to be able to attend to your concern/s:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Email address
- Date of Birth
- Contact numbers
- Billing and Shipping Address
We may also collect certain information by automated or passive means using a variety of technologies such as when you visit our website from your computer browser or mobile phone browser or mobile application. The information which may be collected include the following:
- name of the issuing bank;
- name of cardholder;
- last four digits of your credit card;
- amount involved.
Purpose of use for Personal Information and Sensitive Personal InformationWe use Personal Information provided to us by individuals for only the following purposes:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- computer/mobile device operating system;
- browser used;
- User personal information;
- kind of mobile device used and the characteristics of the mobile device such as, the unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device;
- browsing behavior;
- Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information of our customers (including users of our application software)
- To administer and maintain your account/user profile with us and/or to grant you access to our Services, including the Uniqlo Platforms;
- To process or to complete your purchase or transactions with us;
- To ship products to you;
- To process, deal with or complete transaction/s or orders and/or to respond to your inquiries or requests for certain products and/or services;
- To notify you of service issues and unusual account actions, should any occur;
- To improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Platform and customize them for users according to their interests and preferences;
- To Respond, confirm and archive inquiries, consultations, repairs and other support, and contact you if necessary;
(2) Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information of our shareholders
- To maintain, administer or improve the Platform, provide any software updates and/or other updates/support as may be required.
- To conduct research, analysis and activities (such as but not limited to, data analytics, surveys, product and service development and/or profiling), to analyze how you use our platform so we can improve our Services or products and/or to enhance your customer experience;
- To provide you with information regarding products, services, and campaigns via invitation letters, e-mail or other means, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to being contacted for these purposes;
- To comply with applicable laws; our risk management procedures and the terms of our access to payment processing, financial or banking services.
- To protect from fraudulent access and transactions on the web and mobile platforms
- To audit our Services or our Platform;
- To carry out legitimate business purposes
(3) Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information of Applicants
- Exercise of rights and/or performance of obligations under the Corporation Code of the Philippines; and
- Management relating to our stockholders, such as preparation of records pursuant to various laws and orders
(4) Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information of our Employees
- Contacting and/or providing information to Applicants, and other uses necessary for employment and recruiting activities.
(5) Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information of those persons who post/submit Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information on our website or application software
- Communicating with our employees for work or other purposes;
- Paying compensation (such as salary, bonus and allowances) to our employees, conducting human resource and labor management, and providing employment benefits;
- Work processes;
- management of personnel learning and development;
- business continuity purposes (succession planning) or for the protection of the economic interests of the company;
- marketing, product and services development;
- Intragroup systems and services; and
- Managing the health of our employees.
*All rights of publicity, copyrights and other industrial property rights in such posted/submitted works shall be attributed to the user who posted/submitted such works; provided, however, that upon posting/submitting such works, the user shall be deemed to have granted the Company a global, royalty-free and non-exclusive license (with right of sublicense to third parties) to use (including, without limitation, reproduce, publicize, send, distribute, assign, loan, translate and adapt) such works, and such user agrees that he or she shall not assert any moral rights in such works.Provision of Personal Information to third parties(1) We will not provide Personal Information to any third parties except in the following cases:
- Use of works posted/submitted on our website or application software in advertisements for the Company or its affiliates.
(2) The Company conducts joint operations with FAST RETAILING group companies (Related Companies) both within and outside of the Philippines as listed in the page of “Group Companies” on the following website: (www.fastretailing.com). Therefore, all Personal Information obtained by us from our customers, shareholders, employees and Applicants may be used by us together with our Affiliates within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use determined and declared before, or as soon as reasonably practicable after collection.In these situations, we will bear responsibility for the management of any shared use of Personal Information by way of our data protection officer.(3) We may also share or disclose your personal data with any of the following person/s in line with the purpose/s as forestated:
- If you have agreed to the provision of your Personal Information;
- If it is necessary for the preservation of life, body or property, and the relevant consent(s) cannot be easily obtained;
- If the handling of Personal Information has been entrusted in whole or in part to a third party within the scope necessary to fulfill the purposes of use (we take measures to prevent leakage, loss, or falsification of Personal Information, such as by carefully selecting our contractors, entering into agreements with contractors regarding the handling of personal information, and directing and supervising our contractors as necessary);
- If Personal Information is provided in connection with the succession of business due to merger or other reason; and
- Where required by applicable laws or regulations.
- by employees/personnel, consultants;
- Authorized third-party service providers such as but not limited to technology partners, payment processors, logistics providers, courier services.
- Business partners who separately maintain an account with you for loyalty or point earning/redemption programs.
- Other party whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
- financial institutions,
- anti-fraud detection and prevention entities,
- providers of customer support related services,
- Service providers and collaborators related to marketing and publicity, such as but not limited to social media sites, advertising agencies or advertising partners.
- Government institutions if required by Law.
(8) The designation, or name or identity and address of the personal information controller;4. You have the right to dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal information and have the personal information controller correct it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable.You can update your personal data anytime by accessing your account on the UNIQLO Platform. We may share your updated personal data to the person/entities enumerated above in order to achieve the above stated purposes.5. You have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal information from our filing system upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal information are incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.You may communicate your objection to our continual use and/or disclosure of your personal data for any of the purposes afore stated at any time by messaging us through the Contact Us page.Please note that if you communicate your objection to our use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the purposes and in the manner as stated above, depending on the nature of your objection, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our products or services to you or perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such event.6. You have the right to be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information.Inquiries regarding display, correction, deletion and/or termination of use of Personal InformationUpon receipt of a request for display, correction, deletion and/or termination of use of Personal Information, we will promptly respond to such requests upon confirming the identity of the person through prescribed procedures. For any inquiries regarding Personal Information, please contact our Data Protection Officer with the following contact details:1. Title/Designation: Data Protection Officer
2. Postal Address: SM Corporate Offices, Bldg. F, J.W. Diokno Boulevard Mall of Asia Complex, Brgy. 076, Zone 10 CBP-IA, Pasay City 1300, Philippines
3. Telephone Number: +632 9174300 Extension: 81990
4. Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgTurnaround timeWe will respond as soon possible but in all cases within thirty calendar days from the date of request by data subjects of personal data relating to themWhere we store your personal data?Internet is used in a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data involves the transmission of data on an international basis. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, accessed in and stored at, a destination outside the Philippines, these data will always be held securely and in line with the requirements of any applicable regulations regarding data protection.It may also be processed by third-parties operating outside the Philippines, working for us or for one of our suppliers. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. Where we transfer personal data to third parties outside the Philippines, we ask them to provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures in such a manner that processing will meet the requirements of Philippine laws and regulations and ensure the protection of your rights as data subject.Security of Your Personal InformationWe ensure that all personal data collected will be stored and protected. We protect your personal data by:
- Restricting access to personal data;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access
- Securely destroying your personal data when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose
- We use industry standard encryption technology and regularly run vulnerability scans and other maintenance activities to ensure that your data and the Platform are secure.
Your password should be kept confidential and should not be shared with anyone. Please use unique numbers, letters, and special characters. If you do share your password with others, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you suspect that your password has been compromised, you should immediately change your password. You are reminded to log off your account and close the browser when finished using the Platform in a shared computer.
No Spam, Spyware, Or Virus
Spam, spyware or virus is not allowed on Platform. Please set and maintain your communication preferences so that we send communications to you in accordance with your preferences. You are not licensed or otherwise allowed to add other users to our mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. You should not send any messages which contain spam, spyware or virus via the Platform. If you would like to report any suspicious messages, please contact us at our email address below.
We reserve the right to retain and keep your personal information until necessary for business, tax, or legal purposes, and/or for as long as you have an account with us and the Platform is existent.
Your data will be deactivated from the Platform and will become inaccessible from the website should we receive a written message from you indicating the purpose and nature of your request or upon Platform’s end of life.
Our website is intended only for persons who are at least eighteen (18) years old. We neither offer products or services to, nor knowingly collect personal data of, persons below the age of eighteen (18) years (“Minors”) without any legal basis. Should we learn that we were provided with personal data of Minors without any legal basis, we will delete the same from our database. If you are a Minor, please do not provide any personal data to us, such as your name, age, gender, email address, contact information and the like, and kindly consult your parent(s) or guardian(s) first before visiting any website. Parents or guardians may make purchases for minors.
The Company reserves the right to change or revise this policy, without prior notice to incorporate any changes in its procedures for protecting personal information or any regulatory change to comply with the mandate of the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 (R.A. 10173, hereinafter “DPA”) and other relevant laws, rules and regulations. All changes or modifications on the Policy shall be posted at the UNIQLO Platforms (https://www.uniqlo.com/ph/ website, mobile application and/or in store) and/ or be sent via e-mail.